[erlang-questions] Automated Stripping of otp libraries / modules

Dale Harvey dale@REDACTED
Tue Jun 21 03:16:52 CEST 2011

> We do this in an ugly, pragmatic way.
> Start the system with all modules available, run the test suite, then
>  code:all_loaded()

Hah I love that way, its pretty hacky but makes sense, thanks.

2011/6/20 Håkan Mattsson <hm@REDACTED>

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Dale Harvey <dale@REDACTED> wrote:
> > I have seen this mentioned a few times but no answers as yet
> >
> > Has anyone written any code that takes an application and strips the otp
> > libraries to the absolute minimum amount of modules* needed to run that
> > application?
>
> Use the {mod_cond, derived} setting in reltool.
>
> /Håkan

Ah this is perfect thanks, unfortunately the codebase isnt setup to be
packaged by reltool, but thats the codebases problem since this is obviously
the most sensible option.

Cheers
Dale