[erlang-questions] Automated Stripping of otp libraries / modules

Dale Harvey dale@REDACTED
Mon Jun 20 01:46:37 CEST 2011

I have seen this mentioned a few times but no answers as yet

Has anyone written any code that takes an application and strips the otp
libraries to the absolute minimum amount of modules* needed to run that
application? I am assuming it cant be entirely automated by dialyzer
(evalled / runtime generated calls etc) but it should get fairly close
right?

If noone has already done this then I guess any pointers for how to
implement it would be cool, I figured I would just need generate a plt with
otp + myapp + deps, find my applications entry point in the plt and traverse
the callgraph marking modules off one at a time, that easy?

Cheers
Dale Harvey

* I do mean modules and not just libraries