[erlang-questions] A PropEr announcement

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Fri Jun 17 05:30:29 CEST 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:56:59 +1000, Edmond Begumisa
<ebegumisa@REDACTED> wrote:

> Just to clarify/reinforce, what gets a little confusing in these
> discussions are the rights and obligations between licensor and
> licensee, which is a contractual arrangement and subject to the doctrine
> of privity.

CORRECTION: This was inaccurate. A licensee agreement is not strictly
contractual agreement, but a license may be passed as consideration
exchanged as part of a contractual agreement. Nevertheless, the privy
doctrine usually applies to agreements in which licenses are past in most
jurisdictions.