[erlang-questions] A PropEr announcement

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Fri Jun 17 05:08:42 CEST 2011

Aaaaa ... the all to common Legislature vs Judiciary problem.

* Legislators make laws.
* These laws are made sufficiently vague (usually due to "legislative
compromise" or plain incompetence)
* Courts have to interpret vagueness, judges make precedents to do so.
* Legislators then complain that judges are making their own laws...

"Not their mandate! The Judiciary should only enforce laws that *we*
make," they scream.

Maybe engineers should make laws that pertain to engineering! Heck, maybe
engineers should be on the bench for enforcing those laws!

- Edmond -