[erlang-questions] A PropEr announcement

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitrii@REDACTED
Wed Jun 15 16:31:09 CEST 2011

Then MPL or EPL should work for PropEr, won't they?

To quote from EPL:
3.2. Availability of Source Code.
Any Modification which You contribute must be made available in Source Code form under the terms of this License

This covers the "requirement is that PropEr's license is a (preferably strong) copyleft: we would like to guarantee that any extensions to PropEr are  also free software". I believe that extensions can be treated as modifications (I can be wrong here).

As for distribution and usage:

2.1. The Initial Developer Grant.
The Initial Developer hereby grants You a world-wide, royalty-free,
non-exclusive license, subject to third party intellectual property
claims:

(a) to use, reproduce, modify, display, perform, sublicense and
    distribute the Original Code (or portions thereof) with or without
    Modifications, or as part of a Larger Work; and

(b) under patents now or hereafter owned or controlled by Initial
    Developer, to make, have made, use and sell (``Utilize'') the
    Original Code (or portions thereof), but solely to the extent that
    any such patent is reasonably necessary to enable You to Utilize
    the Original Code (or portions thereof) and not to any greater
    extent that may be necessary to Utilize further Modifications or
    combinations.

3.7. Larger Works.
You may create a Larger Work by combining Covered Code with other code not governed by the terms of this License and distribute the Larger
Work as a single product. In such a case, You must make sure the requirements of this License are fulfilled for the Covered Code.