[erlang-questions] Documentation Format Changes (erldocs)

Dale Harvey dale@REDACTED
Sun Jun 12 02:25:29 CEST 2011

Hey all

I was wondering about the changes in the format documentation sources, in
the last release I noticed a few function definitions changed from

      <name>keymember(Key, N, TupleList) -> boolean()</name>
      <fsummary>Test for membership of a list of tuples</fsummary>
      <type>
        <v>Key = term()</v>
        <v>N = 1..tuple_size(Tuple)</v>
        <v>TupleList = [Tuple]</v>
        <v> Tuple = tuple()</v>
      </type>

      <name name="keymerge" arity="3"/>
      <fsummary>Merge two key-sorted lists of tuples</fsummary>
      <type_desc variable="N">1..tuple_size(Tuple)</type_desc>

https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/dev/lib/stdlib/doc/src/lists.xml#L299 is
the source for these changes, somehow the recent erlang documention (
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/lists.html#keymerge-3) shows the full
parameter list information and I am quite confused at how that can be
derived from the source xml.

I was also just curious about the reason for the change and what was planned
for going forward

since
http://erldocs.com/R14B03/stdlib/lists.html?i=0&search=lists%20keymerge#keymerge/3
is a lot less useful than