[erlang-questions] NIF + HiPE - can it works together?

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Thu Jun 9 21:07:58 CEST 2011

Joel Reymont writes:

 > On Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:08:58 PM UTC+4, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
 > >
 > > Alas there are effectively no compiler/vm developers left in the HiPE team;
 > > we've all left to pursue other career paths.
 > >

 > Does this mean that HiPE is up for adoption?

Not quite.  Kostis still has a claim on both the name and the code,
and he usually oversees a couple of (undergraduate) student projects
each year that do some experiments in the compiler parts.

But if other people submit high-quality patches that fix bugs or add
useful improvements then I'm sure those patches will eventually find
their way into OTP.