[erlang-questions] is CEAN maintained?

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Mon Jun 6 22:25:21 CEST 2011

Hi!

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 17:26, Aniko Nagyne Vig <
aniko.nagyne.vig@REDACTED> wrote:

> We are working on building the Erlang/OTP binary packages for different
> platforms (Mac OS X, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, Ubuntu, Windows,
> embedded platforms):
>
> http://www.erlang-solutions.com/section/88/packages-by-os
>
> Currently we provide the full Erlang/OTP, together with the full test cycle
> results so people can check if the applications they are interested in are
> not skipped, passing all the tests.
>
> We are working on making it more generic, integrating our existing solution
> to Moebius (our continuous integration system), to enable us to include
> third-party applications and customise the OTP package being able to pick
> the applications needed, and providing a continuous integration framework.
> We can also provide support for them, please see:
>
> http://www.erlang-solutions.com/section/13/support
>
> If you would like we can build and test erlang packages with erlide for the
> above platforms, and provide support if required.

That's great, I had forgotten that you were doing this at Erlang Solutions
too. Compared to CEAN, though, I miss having a self-executable archive.

All in all, it looks doable to install Erlang from inside Eclipse, it's
mostly a matter of defining how it's going to be done (and also there's a
question if one can run the installation program as root...). A related
feature would also be a front-end for the package repositories.

best regards,
Vlad