[erlang-questions] Handling user sessions in Misultin or any http server?

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Sun Jun 5 12:00:57 CEST 2011

2011/6/4 Wilson MacGyver <wmacgyver@REDACTED>

> I looked around but didn't see any obvious ways to handle user
> sessions in Misultin? I looked
> around for mochiweb too and all I found was some example codes about
> setting cookies manually.
>
> The only place I've found anything that deal with session handling is
> in nitrogen.
>
> Am I missing something obvious? or is this something I need to roll my own?
>
> Thanks

there are several arguments for and against server session variables. let's
however not forget that http is a stateless protocol, and that this is
yet-again-another-http-hack, together with comet applications and such.

the reason why i've not added those in misultin is because there are several
good ways to deal with them, like memcached for instance. i just believe
that sessions are not something http-related, and thus not within a
lightweight http library.

just my opinion, of course. :)

r.