[erlang-questions] Three useful libraries (do they exist?)

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Fri Jun 3 20:38:48 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Evan Miller <emmiller@REDACTED> wrote:
> I am looking for three kinds of functionality in Erlang. Does anyone
> know of a library, or the beginnings of a library, for any of these?
>
> 1. Image cropping and scaling - I know that erl_img can read and write
> various image formats, but I am looking for something to perform a
> resize (which usually involves some fancy math in the resample stage).

You may want to take a peek at the zotonic code for image
manipulation.  In the installation instructions:

https://github.com/AlainODea/zotonic/blob/master/doc/INSTALL

it talks about using imagemagick.

See zotonic here:

http://zotonic.com/

> 2. Rich-text reading and writing - I am looking for an RTF parser.
> Ideally it would parse many rich-text formats into a single abstract
> format which could then be converted to any of the other formats (e.g.
> HTML, Markdown, BBCode, WikiCreole)

I didn't see any erlang rtf libs.

> 3. Sender Policy Framework implementation - The Sender Policy
> Framework is emerging as the standard way to verify that email hosts
> are who they say they are. I can't imagine writing a serious
> application that receives email without it.

There is a reference to spf here:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/inet_res.html

not sure it's what you need or not.

> Thanks,