[erlang-questions] file systems events mac -> erlang

Todd Greenwood <>
Wed Jun 1 17:00:24 CEST 2011

Another approach would be to use the mac replacement for cron, called
launchd. Your script can be launched by events such as cron-like
calendar intervals (StartCalendarInterval), file changes (WatchPaths),
mounts added/removed (StartOnMount), network stuff (Sockets), etc:

Here's a tutorial for backing up w/ launchd: