[erlang-questions] Erlang and Memory management

Jack Moffitt jack@REDACTED
Wed Jun 1 01:01:15 CEST 2011

> I quite agree with you, I also think a shared heap architecture is the way to go and doing an SMP version would be very interesting. My only gripe with erjang is that it cannot yet use SMPs properly. But I assume they will fix that. A shared heap architecture could change

Could you elaborate a bit on the reason why you'd prefer a shared
heap? I was under the impression that individual heaps were one of the
ways Erlang achieved soft real-time performance. Is CPU power enough
improved (or garbage collectors) since Erlang made that decision that
it's no longer worth it?

jack.