[erlang-questions] trouble with erlang or erlang is a ghetto

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Thu Jul 28 02:39:44 CEST 2011

On 28/07/2011, at 12:06 AM, Lukas Larsson wrote:

> Here[1] is a pretty resent publication about testing Erlang on a TILEPro64. It also contains a quite pretty detailed description of how the beam VM works internally with it's scheduling and memory allocations algorithms.
>
> Lukas
>
> [1] http://kth.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2:392243

Thanks a lot for the reference.
You've got to love this sentence from the abstract:

    scalability can be improved by reducing lock contention.

We all _know_ that fire is hot and water is wet, but sometimes
it's nice to see it proved...

It looks as though the claim that Erlang runs out of steam at 16
is a furphy, and that there are good ideas about how to make it
even better.