[erlang-questions] use a tcp socket server in common tests

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Mon Jan 31 23:56:49 CET 2011

reuseaddr fixed the first problem.
start instead of start_link fixed the second.

I've learned two new things.
Thanks.

________________________________
From: Lukas Larsson <garazdawi@REDACTED>
To: Pablo Platt <pablo.platt@REDACTED>
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Sent: Mon, January 31, 2011 5:05:03 PM
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] use a tcp socket server in common tests

Hi!

You should not have to do anything special to get common_test to test a TCP
server. The eaddrinsure sound like it might be because you did not put the
reuseaddr option in your gen_tcp:listen call.

The timeout for the server might be because the process calling init_per_suite
has died and because you use spawn_link when starting the server your server
process died as well. Try doing it without linking and see if that works better.

Lukas

I'm trying to write a test for a tcp client.