[erlang-questions] Erlang supervisor start_child

Alexey Romanov alexey.v.romanov@REDACTED
Sun Jan 30 16:12:17 CET 2011

>From documentation of gen_fsm:start_link:

If FsmName={local,Name}, the gen_fsm is registered locally as Name
using register/2. If FsmName={global,GlobalName}, the gen_fsm is
registered globally as GlobalName using global:register_name/2. If no
name is provided, the gen_fsm is not registered.

Since you can't have two processes with same registered name on a
node, you need to provide different names (or no names at all).

Yours, Alexey Romanov