[erlang-questions] EPmail-0.1 released

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Fri Jan 28 17:59:09 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Alain O'Dea <alain.odea@REDACTED> wrote:

> Alexander has planned to address this in the next version by using a supervisor and possibly gen_event child processes.  He is reading through Erlang and OTP in Action now :)
>
> Memory leaks are a another very important motivation for this refactor.  Thank you Max :)

I have struggled a lot with different kinds of memory leaks in
erlyvideo, so I'm willing to share experience.
They are:
1) process lost
2) too fast buffering data in state (buffering faster than processing
and flushing)
3) bad default OTP implementation of error logger system, that leads
to whole server failure on dumping state and reason of failure in on
process.