[erlang-questions] trouble debugging app in erlide

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Jan 27 17:33:32 CET 2011

Hi!

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 16:36, Daniel Goertzen <daniel.goertzen@REDACTED>wrote:

> I am using erlide, and I cannot get breakpoints to work on my app when the
> app is started automatically by my boot script.
>
> If I use the console to application:stop()/start() my app, breakpoints
> start
> working normally.  But I am intensely lazy and want breakpoints to work
> right when I launch my Debug Config.
>
> Any advice?

I think that the problem is that the application gets started before the
debugger, thus before the breakpoints are set and the code is interpreted. I
don't think we can do much about that, short of adding the erlide debugger
application to the boot script, but that would require large changes to our
framework.

A suggestion would be to create a parameterless function that starts your
application and does any other initialization, and specify it as startup
function in the debug configuration.

regards,
Vlad