[erlang-questions] public_key:pem_decode/1 and public_key:verify/4

Joakim G. jocke@REDACTED
Mon Jan 24 09:23:24 CET 2011

On 2011-01-21 12:47, Joakim G. wrote:
> With this patch public_key:pem_decode/1 returns a RSAPublicKey
> record as defined in public_key.hrl (instead of just []).
>
> I haven't used the output yet though. :-)
>
> I will experiment with public_key:verify/4 over the weekend.

To verify: my naive fix did what is was supposed to do, i.e. this
works with the patch applied:

    [PemEntry] = public_key:pem_decode(<<"-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC
KEY-----\nMIGJAoGBAKhhZ8RrKaA0RWhjXJlSpTHd7/h6Luww9qeyUkEqBQyiCooZZGCYNle5\nC9TfRVJDUuxzigvXuTh0tlba+9AyIe2hxAztjs43pSKy5VnnJlSjMBVDay8XmNjh\nlUxid/ZV2hDkKlwHDCnZjdZpeXqdtGbZ7o3N7wOBzJSRQ7kqzQHXAgMBAAE=\n-----END
RSA PUBLIC KEY-----">>),
    RSAPublicKey = public_key:pem_entry_decode(PemEntry),

I could then call:

==

verify(PlainText, Signature,
       #'RSAPublicKey'{modulus = Mod, publicExponent = Exp}) ->
    PlainText ==
        crypto:rsa_public_decrypt(Signature,
                                  [crypto:mpint(Exp), crypto:mpint(Mod)],
                                  rsa_pkcs1_padding).

==

to verify a signature.

AFAICS public_key:verify/4 is broken.

I'm happpy now. The work can continue. :-)

/Jocke