[erlang-questions] PPA for ubuntu?

Mikael Magnusson mikma264@REDACTED
Sat Jan 22 11:05:37 CET 2011

On 12/11/2010 07:24 AM, Xiaopong Tran wrote:
> It's true, that's why it would great if there is an official
> build for different Linux distros, like the binary for Windows.

I guess erlang.org could build binaries for Debian/Ubuntu which install
into /opt and don't put any libraries or executables in the usual places
to not conflict with the packages installed by Debian and Ubuntu. But of
course that would mean you probably end up with multiple copies of
Erlang, at least if you run Ubuntu desktop which install Erlang by default.

/Mikael