[erlang-questions] linked-in driver blocks net_kernel tick?

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski@REDACTED
Fri Jan 21 22:25:24 CET 2011

Dan,

Thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to chunk my data.  I was using the gzip/1
call for convenience.

That said, I'm still a little fuzzy on something you said.  Why is it that
the "distribution" process is scheduled on the same scheduler that's running
the call to the driver?  Why not schedule it on one of the 15 other
schedulers that are currently sleeping?  Does this mean any other message I
send will also be blocked?  Dare I ask, how does the scheduling work
exactly?

-Ryan