[erlang-questions] Can't get a resource in a nif

Erik Axling axling@REDACTED
Wed Jan 19 13:40:19 CET 2011

Actually the
fann_create_standard_array(tuple_size, converted_array);
returns a struct fann *.

I've been working with erlang for too long so my C knowledge has totally
deteriorated so I might be missing something basic. I also feel that the
resource concept is a bit fuzzy so I might be doing it wrong. I figured that
the resource pointer that I allocated pointed to some memory where I could
in turn point the newly created network from fann_create_standard_array?

I fixed the tuple_array but I am still getting the same error.

I am compiling with gcc -shared -fpic -l fann -o fann_nif.so fann_nif.c -I
$ERL_ROOT/usr/include.

>From running erl:
bash-3.2# erl
Erlang R14B01 (erts-5.8.2) [source] [rq:1] [async-threads:0]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.8.2  (abort with ^G)
1> c(fann).
{ok,fann}
2> A=fann:create_standard({2,2,1}).
<<>>
3> fann:train_on_file(A, "xor.data", 20, 3, 0.5).
Before resource
               ** exception error: bad argument
     in function  fann:train_on_file/5
        called as fann:train_on_file(<<>>,"xor.data",20,3,0.5)
4>

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Sverker Eriksson <sverker@REDACTED