[erlang-questions] Simple tcp server

Kaiduan Xie kaiduanx@REDACTED
Sun Jan 16 19:02:04 CET 2011

The gen_server is the controlling process of the listen socket, when
you terminate the gen_server, the gen_tcp:accept(Socket) will return
error with reason closed, and it goes endless loop in your accept()
process, so your CPU hits 97-100%.

You can catch [error, closed} for gen_tcp:accept(), and close the listen socket.

/Kaiduan