[erlang-questions] Re: Erlang listen port

Alain O'Dea alain.odea@REDACTED
Sun Jan 16 16:00:13 CET 2011

On 2011-01-16, at 2:52, Andrew Tunnell-Jones <andrew@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 16/01/2011, at 5:02 PM, shk wrote:
>

>> I try run it under root and it's work! How can i make that it works under
>> user, without root.
>>

> Although geared towards yaws, this page covers all of the options for binding to a privileged port that I'm aware of:
>
> http://yaws.hyber.org/privbind.yaws

Thank you Andrew.  That Yaws article is generally applicable for binding privileged ports in any program.

I like the idea of using authbind or privbind for running Zotonic on 80
or 443.  Unfortunately I got inpatient and fell back on NAT pre-routing with iptables (which I learned when setting up TeamCity).  I'm going to give authbind and privbind another shot.

Thanks again,
Alain