[erlang-questions] 1000 cores on a chip

Mon Jan 10 05:48:51 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 05:38, Banibrata Dutta
<banibrata.dutta@REDACTED> wrote:
> Thanks, Jesper. That was very informative and enlightening.
>
> Given your description, it clearly looks like Erlang (on general purpose
> multi-core CPUs) + specific algos running on CUDA(/-like) architecture can
> create a very powerful solution mix.

I think so too. If you want to use GPUs *now*, going for CUDA through
a port or a NIF is the right way. My vision is that we can create a
programming language (essentially domain-specific) for computations on
GPUs. Yet, the GPUs are currently too quickly changing so it is not
yet a stable enough platform.

--
J.