string in functions and memory allocation

Paolo Negri paolo.negri@REDACTED
Thu Jan 6 10:25:07 CET 2011

Dear list

I have a newbie question regarding the following 2 (dummy) functions

dummy(Proplist)
    Value = proplist:get_value(<<"booo">>),
    Value
.

dummy_string(Proplist)
    Value = proplist:get_value("booo"),
    Value
.

What I would like to know it's how calling these functions an elevate
number of times would affect memory allocation and garbage collection,
I'm asking because in other languages something like dummy_string
would allocate a new string at every call that would then need to be
garbage collected.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paolo

--
Engineering
http://www.wooga.com | phone +49-30-8962 5058  | fax +49-30-8964 9064

wooga GmbH | Saarbruecker Str. 38 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin; HRB 117846 B
Registergericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Jens Begemann, Philipp Moeser