[erlang-questions] Two beautiful programs - or web programming made easy

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Wed Feb 16 21:40:20 CET 2011

On Wednesday, February 16, 2011, Mathias Picker wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 16.02.2011, 16:34 +0100 schrieb Joe Armstrong:
> > Rich text. I want to do pixel exact typography
. . .
> If you need pixel perfect, use a different technology. If you want to
> do
> html & css, accept that the recipient and his device  has the last
> word,
> and you can only hint at what you want.

Agreed, though you if you really *really* wanted to do it, you could place each individual character with SVG.  You could even draw each individual character from your own font in SVG.  Cufón Fonts — or, rather, Raphaël's implementation of it — is what I have experimented with.  You can even look through the font metric information and get kerning values if you want to implement kerning (though, if I recall correctly, Raphaël implemented kerning wrong — I think it was a sign error, but I don't remember exactly).  It *can* be done, but such usage may better be implemented by creating a PDF.

Cheers,

DBM