[erlang-questions] Two beautiful programs - or web programming made easy

Jerome Martin <>
Sun Feb 13 19:30:46 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Edmond Begumisa <
> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 04:08:05 +1100, Jerome Martin <>
> wrote:
>   - Preventing that beauty from happening (not supporting features enabling
>> it), or claiming it is not necessary (presenting ugly code that does not
>> feel right and claiming it is the same) seems like the worst thing to do,
>> even if alternatives can be motivated (security reasons, etc.).
> And BTW: I was presenting the ugly code precisely to show that although
> similar, it doesn't not feel right,

Yup, that was clear, don't worry :-) Sorry for phrasing my point in a way
that could make one think you were defending that ugly code or presenting it
as a viable alternative.

and hence, NOT supporting the features enabling the beautiful code is
> holding everyone back from coming up with great ideas like Joe's.

Jérôme Martin