[erlang-questions] Erlang crossplatform

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Feb 3 11:43:25 CET 2011

On Monday, January 31, shk wrote:

> In future i'll plan to port my erlang application in MS Windows. And i want
> to ask question: Erlang is corssplatform in full? Is anything in Erlang
> which not supporting Windows?

I think basically all of Erlang works on Windows. Scraping for
something non-trivial which might not work, I came up with SCTP:

  http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/gen_sctp.html

the manpage mentions the environments its been tested on, and Windows
isn't one of them. But I haven't actually tried, because I don't use
Windows.

A softer problem is that windows-specific questions to the mailing
list often go without an answer for a long time. Maybe there aren't
many windows users who are able or inclined.

Matt