[erlang-questions] Jungerl anonymous CVS

Boris 'billiob' Faure billiob@REDACTED
Wed Feb 2 10:19:11 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 10:12, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@REDACTED> wrote:
> I think this is an effect of the recent attack on SourceForge, at the moment
> many services are blocked.
>
> regards,
> Vlad

You are right. From
http://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-attack-full-report/ :
“CVS service is one of SourceForge.net’s oldest services and, due to
limitations in CVS itself, cannot readily live on our scalable network
storage solution. Validation of this data is going to require several
days and we anticipate that this service will be restored sometime in
the later part of week.
We are also considering the end-of-life of the CVS service and hope to
have user support in migrating CVS users to Subversion in coming
months. Subversion generally provides parity to CVS commands, and many
of our users have made this transition successfully in the past.”

Regards,
--
Boris 'billiob' Faure