[erlang-questions] Release handling + Heart = headache

Zabrane Mickael zabrane3@REDACTED
Sat Dec 31 08:48:08 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I've successfully generated a release for a simple project and now,
I'm interested to use "-heart" option for monitoring.

When running the project in dev mode with heart,  the HEART_COMMAND
is taken into account and my program restart as expected (in case of crash, unresponsive VM ...).

But the same program is never restarted under release mode.

The doc say the HEART_COMMAND is ignored under release mode,
and advices to set the start_prg envirnoment variable for SASL.

I tried this somewhere in my code without success:
application:set_env(sasl, start_prg, HEART_COMMAND),

I'm feeling a bit lost?
Advices/Hints please?

Regards,
Zabrane