[erlang-questions] clarify: Dialyzer error/warinng for ssl_accept

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri Dec 23 11:00:32 CET 2011

Greetings,

To get working code we need to keep 'ok', but can we at the same time
persuade Dialyzer not to complain?

There are some emails that discuss the problem with Dialyzer
error/warning for ssl_accept. They seem to concentrate upon the changed
behaviour of ssl_accept/1 in different Erlang versions. So fist things
first:
We are running Erlang R14B01 (erts-5.8.2) [smp:2:2] [rq:2]
[async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

Our code looks like this:
case ssl:ssl_accept(Socket) of
	ok ->
	{error, Error} ->
end

Dialyzer says:
sip_transport.erl:2207: The pattern 'ok' can never match the type
{'error',_} | {'ok',{'sslsocket',_,_}}

bengt