[erlang-questions] Suggestions for easy to use super stable lightweight http server?

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Wed Dec 21 22:16:25 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Max Bourinov <bourinov@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Roberto,
>
> That statement was not about misultin but about our approach in general.
> Please, don't take it personaly. Actually I like API of misultin.
>
> We will use webmachie only because we have experience with it. So, if
> something will go wrong in one place something similar should be expected
> everywhere and if everything is alright there are much less chances that
> something will go wrong because of less code involved in the service
> delivery process. This is what I believe in.
>
> So, I promise if there are any problems with web interface in my project,
> misultin will be the man and I will write about in this mail list.

Hi Max,

I think you misunderstood me, I was not referring to your email. A library
choice is obviously in developer's hands, who choose one for its features,
performance, code usability, and such. I think only good things of
webmachine, mochiweb, yaws, and cowboy.

Instead, I was referring to Heinz [snippet of his email]:

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Heinz N. Gies <heinz@REDACTED> wrote:

>  I was using misultin before (admitedly a pretty old version like 6 month
> old) and updating broke my entire code to a point where migrating was less
> effort.

I've dedicated a lot of attention in not breaking backwards compatibility
on misultin. Since AFAIK Heinz did not file any issues regarding this (I do
realize that actually contributing to an open source project is much more
time consuming than just plain stating opinions on a mailing list), I'm
just curious to have some feedback on how that could happen, should Heinz
be willing to share that information with me.

I just don't like receiving public criticism of my work in this way, as I
always hope to get constructive criticism. Otherwise, I might as well just
keep my source closed, for that matters.

r.