[erlang-questions] Unit testing

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Wed Dec 21 01:41:42 CET 2011

I suspect that the reason testing is less extensively covered in
erlang is that it's generally easier (less involved) to accomplish.

For apps with little internal state, a simple test() method is usually
considered enough (if you look at what people actually do).

As the system gains more internal state, people move to eunit,
quicktest, test_server etc.

It all depends on what's really necessary in practice (rather than
observing some notional consideration of required ceremony which, in
many circumstances, may be a total waste of everyone's time).

/s