[erlang-questions] Non-blocking send in erlang: how to save memory when send one content to many people

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Dec 15 00:35:23 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Lukas Larsson
<lukas@REDACTED> wrote:
> You might be interested in the new (R15B) file:sendfile function, if having
> the data on disc is an option.

I think, that something like vmsplice may be an option. I see in
sources of file, that prim_inet:getfd is no here (yes, I know that it
is undocumented =)
and that is why I may use some weird tricks with optimizing.

sendfile is a bad option because:
1) I need to serve from memory
2) I need to serve several thousands of connections. Threads are not
the way to go.

However, I think that I will need to patch efile_drv for using
something like vmsplice