[erlang-questions] How do I start gproc in a global way?

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Wed Dec 14 00:10:54 CET 2011

The answer is in the code…

https://github.com/uwiger/gproc/blob/master/src/gproc_sup.erl#L44

That is, use e.g. erl -gproc gproc_dist Opts

where the simplest setting is -gproc gproc_dist all

https://github.com/uwiger/gproc/blob/master/src/gproc_dist.erl#L71

You can set Opts to all | Nodes | {Nodes, GenLeaderOpts}

What GenLeaderOpts are depends a litre bit on which gen_leader you use.

As gen_leader doesn't handle net splits, you should ensure that nodes connect _before_ you start gproc_dist.

BR,
Ulf W