[erlang-questions] ODBC to Erlang data mapping problem on OS X

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad@REDACTED
Sun Dec 11 07:52:00 CET 2011

Found the problem.  It's a bug in the configure scripts located in lib/odbc of the Erlang source code, which hard code '-liodbc' when $host_os is darwin -- this prevents anyone from being able to properly link against a unixODBC install on OS X, which needs '-lodbc' instead.

In my case, via MacPorts, this apparently meant it was using the MacPorts unixODBC headers, but linking against the default OS X iODBC lib, which I'm guessing is what led to the weird behavior I was seeing.

I've created a patch for the MacPorts version of Erlang, but I'm pretty autoconf clueless, so all it does is hard code '-lodbc' in place of '-liodbc', which is clearly not the right upstream solution.  ;)

If there's anything else I can do to help fix this bug, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chad