[erlang-questions] Building small erlang vm suitable for bundle with app.

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Thu Dec 8 18:04:19 CET 2011

We do something similar to build parallel OTP for different architectures,
although our packaging system assembles the release for the system you run
it on, and then overwrites any native artefacts of the VM (i.e., shared
object files and headers) for the target OS/architecture if required. This
seems to work fine, although it's worth baring in mind that some releases
include other stuff besides erts that is platform dependant.