[erlang-questions] reltool not copying erl_interface

Håkan Mattsson hm@REDACTED
Mon Dec 5 15:41:02 CET 2011

There are several possible solutions to this:

- Add ebin-directories to erl_interface and jinterface in order to make
  reltool think that these "non-Erlang" applications also are Erlang
  applications. Do also add an .app file in order to avoid reltool warnings.

- Change reltool_server:app_dirs2/3 so directories that are lacking the
  ebin sub directory also will be regarded as applications. The reltool
  warning for missing .app-files should be suppressed if the ebin-directory
  is missing.

- Add an extra OverrideSpec argument to reltool:eval_target_spec/3 and
  reltool:create_target/2. The new argument should be a target_spec()
  that overrides parts of the ordinary TargetSpec. Such an OverrideSpec
  argument could then be used to copy extra files that reltool normally
  would not include in the generated target.

Any takers for a contribution?

/Håkan