[erlang-questions] reltool puts all releases into releases/BootVsn

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk@REDACTED
Tue Aug 30 01:01:10 CEST 2011

Hi,

I was wondering what was the motivation for putting all the releases
specified in reltool.config into a single directory
releases/<BootVsn>, where BootVsn is a version of a release specified
as boot_rel. I have a situation where I have multiple releases
specified in a single reltool.config, and some of them have different
versions (and can also be upgraded independently).

I find it odd having releases with different versions sitting in a
directory for a version of the boot_rel release. Shouldn't each
version get its own directory? I can see how this change can be done
in reltool, but I'd rather hold it off until I hear more feedback on
this.

The source code that does that is available here:
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/dev/lib/reltool/src/reltool_target.erl#L774

Any insights, thoughts?

Yurii.