[erlang-questions] Erlang Scheduler for Recurring Events

Ladislav Lenart lenartlad@REDACTED
Wed Aug 24 16:51:50 CEST 2011

Hello.

 > I was told that the timeout=0 reply from init/1 is has some implicit
 > behavior that might be useful: it ensures that the
 > handle_info('timout', State) is called before any other messages can
 > be dispatched, which gives you a hook from init/1 that will run after
 > the call to gen_server:start_link has returned. Feels hacky, to me --
 > but the only way to handle certain cases.

Just a side note to the special meaning of timeout=0 in init: the same
applies to any message sent to self() from the init/1 function, because
noone else knows my pid yet.

Ladislav Lenart