[erlang-questions] net_kernel:allow/1 doc mismatch?

Antonio SJ Musumeci bile@REDACTED
Tue Aug 23 14:54:49 CEST 2011

I realize this probably isn't a widely used feature but I may have a use
for it and it seems the docs don't accurately represent the
functionality and the actual functionality seems problematic.

The docs indicate "Limits access to the specified set of nodes. Any
access attempts made from (or to) nodes not in Nodes will be rejected."
However, it actually concats the old list with the new:
State#state{allowed = Allowed ++ Nodes}. Due to this there is no way to
remove nodes which the docs imply is possible. Is it possible to have
this changed to being State#state{allowed = Nodes} in a future release?
Or if there is a fear it will break something for someone a new function
to change it as defined? An accessor to that list would be useful too.