[erlang-questions] Handling non http in mochiweb

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Wed Aug 17 08:32:30 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 02:45:03PM -0700, Ryan Huffman wrote:
> Does it have to be the same port?  You could use gen_tcp to listen to
> connections on a different port and handle the traffic however you would
> like.

Sometimes people are forced to use http proxy for http traffic (80 and
443) (an example is university of Glasgow), therefore you can't send
arbitrary traffic through port 80 -- it just doesn't work.

However, you can use port 443 for arbitrary TCP and be quite sure it
will work anywhere. (I used openvpn over tcp 443)

Motiejus