[erlang-questions] Handling non http in mochiweb

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Wed Aug 17 00:00:11 CEST 2011

mochiweb isn't designed to handle this use case, if it doesn't look
like HTTP then the connection is closed and it gets discarded. You
would have to go around mochiweb_http for this purpose. I'd suggest
using an alternate port, or making it look like HTTP.

If I really wanted to do what you say you want to do, I would copy
mochiweb_http.erl to some other name (e.g. sometimes_not_http.erl) and
make the appropriate changes to loop/2 and request/2… then instead of
adding mochiweb_http to your supervisor you'd add sometimes_not_http.
It is not necessary or recommended to make modifications to mochiweb
in-place.