[erlang-questions] relup restart_new_emulator does not work for me

Allen Kim allen.kim@REDACTED
Tue Aug 9 16:14:31 CEST 2011

Siri,

No, I don't see erl_crash.dump, or I could not find it.
Yes, I could start 5.8.4 emulator manually.

The weird thing is after I start manually, then I run command, release_handler:install_release("2.0.0")
It gives me an error, which I don't remember.

Now, I decided to upgrade erlang version manually, that means
  previous plan:
    1. run command release_handler:install_release("2.0.0")

  new plan:
    1. update RELEASE file manually by changing 1.9.0 old and 2.0.0 permanent
    2. run command init:reboot()

The new plan seems working, but I was curious why the previous plan did not work.

Hope this helps