[erlang-questions] [ANN] euuid 1.0.0 - an erlang UUID implementation

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Mon Aug 8 01:41:25 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Olivier Girondel
<olivier.girondel@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Martijn Rijkeboer <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As an exercise for learning Erlang I wrote an Universally Unique
>> IDentifier (UUID) implementation as defined in RFC 4122.
> Well, UUIDs seem to be:
>
> 1. A good exercise
> 2. Implemented over and over again (I'll just quote mine, but a good way to
> check your code would be to have a look on older implementations)
> 3. A good candidate for inclusion somewhere in a library upstream :)

+1

I wonder, at least two to three times a week, why foobar module isn't
a part of the OTP distribution.

Admittedly, I'm not sure how that happens.

Off the top of my head, a few things that I hate looking elsewhere for:

gproc, json, bin_to_hex, uuid, urllib (URL utils ala mochiweb_util), getopt

Garrett