[erlang-questions] relup restart_new_emulator does not work for me

Allen Kim bighostkim@REDACTED
Wed Aug 3 15:48:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

I want to upgrade erlang otp from R13B04 to R43B03

I used this start_erl.data and relup(recommended from

[tracking@REDACTED releases]$ cat new_start_erl.data
5.8.4 2.0.0

[tracking@REDACTED releases]$ cat current/relup
{"2.0.0",
 [{"1.9.0",
   [],
   [restart_new_emulator]}],
 [{"1.9.0",
   [],
   [restart_new_emulator]}]
}.

when I run command release_handler:install_release("2.0.0")
I see the node shutting down messages, but I don't see a new node start
up.(looks like heart is not starting up a new node).

My HEART_COMMAND is coreect, since I was able to kill the node and I see it
starting up again.

The reason why I said restart_new_emulator not working is I could reboot the
node with command init:reboot().

Any help would be appreciated.

Allen Kim