[erlang-questions] Gproc in a dynamic cluster

Mihai Balea mihai@REDACTED
Tue Aug 2 16:32:00 CEST 2011

On Aug 2, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Ulf Wiger wrote:

> On 1 Aug 2011, at 16:00, Ulf Wiger wrote:
>
>> This could all be baked into the 'all' option somehow. I'll think about that.
>
> Turns out that adding the {bcast_type, all} option did the trick.
>
> In the HEAD version of http://github.com/esl/gproc, dynamic addition of nodes seems
> to work as expected when you use the option -gproc gproc_dist all.
>
> Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Still no automatic workage, but I wasn't really expecting that.

Is there a way to manually prod gproc into joining another nodes after startup? The way i have it set up, nodes boot with gproc booting in global mode as a top level app. Then nodes find each other using an out of band mechanism and use net_adm:ping to connect. By glancing at gen_leader code, it appears there's no way for gen_leader to automatically be aware of newly connected nodes, so I figure there might be a way to indicate it manually.

Thanks,
Mihai