[erlang-questions] Proper tool for parsing config

Jachym Holecek freza@REDACTED
Fri Apr 29 14:03:33 CEST 2011

# Max Lapshin 2011-04-29:
> I'm thinking about switching erlyvideo config from common proplist to
> something like nginx config.

I know this doesn't answer your real question, but: I think this is an
extremely bad idea. Keeping configuration as simple Erlang terms that
you can file:consult/1 on (and it's nowhere written it needs to be just
a proplist!) is just so convenient that I don't see what could possibly
motivate you to abandoning it... Besides, there's already way too many
completely random & ad-hoc & lame & ugly configuration formats in the
industry that are mutually incompatible and impossible to machine-process
correctly and impossible to remember the right syntax for, why would you
want to introduce yet another one?

Oh well, just my -2p I guess.

Regards,
	-- Jachym