[erlang-questions] regexp:sh_to_awk/1 deprecated?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Fri Apr 29 11:14:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

Our current intention is that the function sh_to_awk/1 dissapears
together with all the other functions in the regexp module.

Is it really someone who uses sh_to_awk/1?
I don't think it is particularly well known and I think the name is misleading.

There are also the wildcard/1 and wildcard/2 functions in filelib that do what
you usually want, i.e. matching file names.

So, unless you really convince us with really good arguments we intend
to remove sh_to_awk/1.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson