[erlang-questions] Is it possible to compile crypto app with _static_ libcrypto

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 27 08:08:30 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Sverker Eriksson
<sverker@REDACTED> wrote:
> Option --disable-dynamic-ssl-lib will link crypto with a static libcrypto.a
> instead of a dynamic libcrypto.so. But crypto itself (crypto.so) is still a
> dynamic library loaded by the emulator.
>
> I think the problem is with libcrypto.a. It was not built to be part of a
> dynamic library. I would recommend downloading openssl and rebuild it
> yourself.

At least we've done it so. Debian has broken build of openssl:
libssl.a and libcrypto.a aren't suitable for linking into other
libraries,
so I've took library from other repository and now it works excelent.